About the Role
We are looking for a Portfolio Management Analyst with 1-2 years’ experience to join our Portfolio Management Group. Fulcrum’s Portfolio Management Group has a wide range of responsibilities in the management of Fulcrum’s discretionary and systematic fund offerings. These include order raising, fund alignment, reconciliation, reporting and risk management of $7bn of our clients’ money. The group is looking for a junior investment professional with good programming skills to assist with the automation of these tasks, provide support for our existing systematic platform, and to enhance the analytical capabilities of the group and to ensure seamless delivery of analytical information about Fulcrum’s portfolios to both individual risk-takers and our clients.
- Daily maintenance and alignment across both model-based and discretionary portfolios
- Monitoring of risk within the model-based strategies.
- Oversight on model-based trades.
- Analysis of transaction costs firmwide and for model-based trading.
- Developing display tools for portfolio analytics to give high-level ex-ante analysis on Fulcrum’s portfolios.
- Developing tools to monitor the risk and behaviour of portfolios over time.
- Developing tools to enable trading cost monitoring.
- Maintenance and support of the existing model running system including software releases and testing.
- One of Python/C#/C++/Java and full life-cycle development experience (software releases, testing, etc.) or if you don’t have full life-cycle experience, then advanced Python.
- Open and collaborative approach to working, including in-depth discussions on proposed technical solutions to business requirements.
- Able to prioritise own time effectively, juggling multiple requirements at the same time
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an analytical subject.
What we offer you:
We care about your financial, physical, and emotional well-being, and have created a generous and comprehensive, yet flexible benefits offering for all employees. This includes a competitive pension plan, hybrid and flexible working practices, private GP and healthcare, professional development options, clubs and wellness activities during working hours, and accommodating support for working parents.
We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at Fulcrum are open to all. We believe in the potential of everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, socio-economic or any other characteristic that makes you, well you. We are committed to conscious inclusion that facilitates a culture of belonging. We believe the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we become.