The Fulcrum Diversified Absolute Return Fund has been designed to help our clients generate medium to long-term (3-5 years) returns that are significantly higher than cash and inflation. The strategies include investing globally in traditional asset classes, such as equities and bonds, as well as a wide variety of uncorrelated return streams. Investments are strictly limited to highly liquid instruments so that our clients can access their capital when they need it. Beyond investment, risk management is central to our approach. Specifically, we seek to limit volatility and performance drawdowns to realistic and acceptable levels so that clients can maintain an appropriately long investment horizon and avoid common behavioural mistakes that stem from unexpected volatility.
- Quality and Stability of Team: we are an experienced and stable team that has worked together for nearly two decades
- Repeatable Process: we follow a robust and dynamic investment process that is not reliant on luck
- Performance Focus: we have delivered strong risk-adjusted returns with a low correlation to equities
- Portfolio Breadth: our approach is highly diversified across strategies, time horizons, asset classes and geographies
- Effective Risk Management: our risk-management process seeks to deliver return asymmetry
- Culture of Excellence: we are at the knowledge frontier in all areas that impact our investment strategies
- Preventing Losses: We place the highest priority on preventing losses, with a permanent insurance overlay to help protect against extreme losses
- Consistency: We follow a disciplined investment process which is highly diversified across strategies, time horizons and asset classes
- Research-driven Approach: Our investment process is guided by economic theory and backed by empirical research
- Motivated by Long-term Success: This determines the way we invest for our clients and in the growth of our business
Three Building Blocks
Fulcrum’s Senior Investment Team is responsible for setting the investment strategy and they are supported by a team of economists, strategists and analysts who regularly assess the economic environment, market valuations, behavioural biases and the political landscape.
Suhail is Fulcrum’s Chief Investment Officer and a member of the Fulcrum Investment Team. Prior to joining the firm in 2005, Suhail spent five years in the Investment Management Division of Goldman Sachs. Suhail has a MSc in Management from the London School of Economics & Political Sciences (2000) and he has been a CFA charterholder since 2003.
Nabeel is Deputy CIO and a member of the Fulcrum Investment Team. Prior to joining Fulcrum in 2011 Nabeel worked at Goldman Sachs for four years in the Investment Strategy Group. Nabeel graduated from Warwick University in 2007 with a BSc in Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics. He has been a CFA charterholder since 2011.
If you have any questions, do contact us and we would be happy to have a chat.
Sign up to email subscriptions
We would like to share with you thought pieces, macro commentary and investment strategy research.