Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation
The Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (EU SFDR) (EU 2019/2088) is a set of European rules which aim to make financial products that have environmental, social and governance characteristics and/or sustainability objectives more comparable and to prevent greenwashing by financial market participants (“FMP”). The EU SFDR prescribes mandatory disclosures at the level of the FMP (“entity level”) and at the level of the financial product (“product level”) as well as establishing pre-defined metrics for assessing the ESG outcomes of the investment process.
Fulcrum Asset Management LLP (“Fulcrum”) is making these disclosures on behalf of its EU managed funds, and has voluntarily elected to align its non-EU managed funds with the EU SFDR rules.
Fulcrum’s entity level disclosures which are relevant to Articles 3, 4, and 5 of the EU SFDR can be accessed using the links below:
- Integration of sustainability risks (Article 3): Responsible Investment Policy
- Consideration of the principal adverse impacts of investment decisions (Article 4): Principal Adverse Impact Statement
- Integration of sustainability risks in remuneration policy (Article 5): Remuneration Policy
Another core requirement of SFDR is for FMPs to classify their financial products into one of the following categories:
- Article 6 – Non-ESG focused financial products
- Article 8 – Financial products which promote environmental or social characteristics
- Article 9 – Financial products which have sustainable investment as their objective
Currently, most funds managed by Fulcrum will be classified as neutral (Article 6) under SFDR. Fulcrum’s Article 8 and 9 funds are listed in the table below.
|Name of Managed Fund||Article 8 or 9 Classification|
|Fulcrum UCITS SICAV – Climate Change Fund||Article 9|
Fulcrum’s product level disclosures for those funds which are classified as Article 8 or 9 are detailed below.
The UCITS Library provides key constitutional documentation we are required to provide to investors in order to meet our regulatory requirements. Please note that as of 31 December 2020, UK UCITS will no longer be available for purchase in any EU jurisdictions. The information on “UK UCITS” should not be considered promotional and only intends to service existing investors in these funds.